19 June 2009

Summer

First another apology for the delay in posting. I have numerous valid excuses, including going out of town, having visitors, a broken computer, and just the general day to day trying to be a decent mom to my kids and still keep a clean house and get dinner on the table. Blogging takes time that I often don't have! But anyway here is an attempt at updating the record books :)

In May we took a trip out to the bay sans-Simon. My wonderful best friend agreed to stop in Chicago on her way back from Africa to help with the kids- thanks Anya! I owe you one (or ten!) for that. We had a good visit, saw family and old friends, and watched Alondra graduate from Saint Mary's (congrats hermana!).






Then my awesome sister-in-law Tina joined us on the trip back to Chicago. She was such a great guest and we had a really nice visit. We all made it out to the Harry Potter exhibition at the Museum of Sciency and Industry (and you know I love Harry Potter!).

Other than that, not too much new... we made a sticker chart for Amaya for good behavior, and that has worked like MAGIC. Whenever she does something we want or need her to do- eat her food, go on the potty, wash her hands, grab us a clean diaper for Vinh or play nicely with him, etc.- she gets a sticker or two for her chart- every few stickers she gets a little treat (a gummy bear, a few m&ms). We are still just bribing her to be good, but I think seeing her good deeds mapped out gives her a visual positive reinforcement and she is so much more cooperative! Thanks to Sam and other September Snugglies for reccomending it :D

Vinh has changed so much in the past few weeks. He is on his way to being what I like to call a 'real' baby, haha. He is rolling over (both front to back and back to front) and grabs anything within reach- like, watch your plate! He is always after my food. Really eager to eat real stuff and not just mushy bananas and sweet potatoes... poor guy, it is still going to be a while before he is getting pasta or mexican food.



Sleep, getting so much better! Naps especially. Hope I am not fully jinxing myself by typing this! But he will nap for an hour or two and go down pretty much on his own as opposed to screaming for an hour and barely napping 20 minutes. At night he still wakes but it is less often and he doesn't seem to need to eat as much. He doesn't like being held while sleeping anymore either which is SO nice. So I am hoping we are getting to the light at the end of that particular tunnel. Sleep is such an essential thing, it is insane what extended periods of sleep deprivation can do to you!

Simon and I are both well... He is actualy going back to school in the fall, yaaaay Simon! I am so excited for him. He is going to get his degree in IT (so he can have an excuse to be on a computer all day ;p) I just celebrated my 27th birthday. Feel very much at peace... excited to be at this place in my life. A little older and wiser but still young. Looking forward to growing older with Simon and seeing the kids grow and change but not in any hurry for things to change too much either.












Amaya just informed me 'oh! he's awake now!' which means my time is up. Hope everyone is well!

1 comment:

Sam and Tom said...

Good to see another post from you! And thanks for the shout-outt!!! :c)